All data entered on this website or is disclosed to us by phone or email will be kept for the exclusive use of Thornton Hunting and Outdoors. Exclusion to this include where the request is made by the Australian Police or Customs Service for the purpose of investigating issues related to the order in which the data was collected. (Information will not be sold or made available to any other non-official government entity.)
Any personal information that you submit will be used simply to process you orders and is protected by our secure server.
If you purchase goods and services from huntingandoutdoors.com.au or create a membership account with us, we may require you to provide your name, address, email address, credit card number or other details (“customer information”). We may subsequently require further details to enable the processing of any orders you make. You agree to provide Thornton Hunting and Outdoors with current, complete and accurate customer information when asked to do so by the website or an employee of Thornton Hunting and Outdoors.
Using your information
- Our Privacy Pledge is that information given to us will only be used to enhance your shopping experience, resulting in a more personalised service to you.
- Personal information collected online will only be disclosed within our corporate group for marketing purposes.
- To communicate to you new products and services and also at times, the opportunity to up take on special promotions or offers. You have the option to opt-out of this communication by replying to the communication with an unsubscribe message or to change your preferences through My Account.
- Thornton Hunting and Outdoors may use personal information to avoid an imminent threat to a person’s life or to public safety. It may also use personal information for reasons related to enforcement or internal investigations into unlawful activities.
It is important to note that we send periodical communications to people who have “opted in” to receive email updates about products and special offers, and retain the right to inform our customers of changes in our business operations from time to time. We intend to honour our members’ rights to privacy and do not set out to “spam” our members in any way.
- On occasions, we may provide statistical information about sales, trading patterns and navigation techniques to reputable third parties. This will simply comprise data collected about you and other users to form aggregate results. It will not include any direct personal information that identifies you as a customer.
- Thornton Hunting and Outdoors may Disclose Personal Information to law enforcement agencies, government agencies, courts or external advisers where permitted or required by law.
Partners – Third party companies and individuals have been engaged to perform functions on behalf of Thornton Hunting and Outdoors. Functions such as fulfilling and delivery of purchases, credit card payment authorisation, trend analysis, marketing and promotions, but all information will only be used to perform their appropriate functions and not for other usage.
Contact the Privacy Officer by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (02) 4966 1770.